Wednesday, January 28, 2009

You like me, you really like me!

Okay, at least one person does. Or maybe she just thinks I'm unflinchingly honest, and thus worthy of this award. I'll take what I can get.





The fine print? List 10, honest things about myself and then tag 7 other people. (Why 10 and 7, by the way? Seems kinda random. But it's not my award, so I guess I'll just follow the rules laid out.)

1.) I have an unhealthy obsession with crappy reality shows. Girls Next Door. The Real Housewives of Orange County. Rock of Love. Newlyweds (back when Nick and Jessica were still married).

2.) Similarly, I have have some pretty crappy taste in music, too. Jessica Simpson. Brittney Spears. Ashlee Simpson. Lindsey Lohan. Certain crappy songs, ie, College Girls (Jesse Jaymes), What's Your Fantasy (Ludicrous), Golddigga' (Kanye West). What can I say? I'm a sucker for anything catchy.

3.) Since I'm talking about my love of embarrassing things, I may as well confess that I am also an avid fan of smutty romance novels. They're short, light on plot, and easy to read. I've got two kids. War and Peace is not going to be on my nightstand anytime soon.

4.) Oh, how about something more serious? I've got major body issues. I really really really dislike the way I look. I won't say "hate", because I'm not sure it's that strong, but I definitely don't like my body, nor do I think I'm pretty. I've often made the tongue-in-cheek remark that I wished I had the will-power to be anorexic. I want a lot of kids, but the thought of getting fat again freaks me out more than I want to admit.

5.) Okay, that was too serious. I've colored my hair since I was 15. Naturally, it's a kinda gross dishwater blonde. I color it light ash blonde. I am distraught, however, because I finally found the perfect shade, and now that brand is being discontinued. I don't know what I'm going to do. (But let me assure you, going au natural is not an option.)

6.) I gained 80 lbs with my first pregnancy. I started at 140 and just before I had Darren I was 218. When I got pregnant with Leah (3 months later), I was down to 180. Leah is almost a year old and I'm down to 160. I'd like to lose another 30 or 40. We'll see.

7.) I hate housekeeping. I love a clean, tidy, well-organized house. I hate keeping it that way. I hate doing laundry. I hate folding it, ironing it, putting it away. But by the same token, I would never allow anyone else to do those things for me. No way do I want anyone to know how messy my home really is. No way do I want someone else fondling my bras.

8.) I have symmetry issues. Things need to be even. Weirdest example? I try to have the same amount of food on both sides of my mouth when I eat. When I eat MMs, I sort out the colors. I typically eat three at a time, so, for example, I'll have one red on each side of my mouth and bite a blue in half. Yes, this is exceedingly weird.

9.) My dad is an alcoholic.

10.) I am so much like my mom, it's scary. We look alike, act alike, talk alike, sound alike. We say the same thing at the same time--all the time. If we sang in harmony, you wouldn't be able to pick who was singing which part. We've always gotten along freakishly well.

Thank God. That was harder than I thought. I have no idea who to award. I'm taking the lazy way out--if you read this blog and want this award, consider yourself awarded. (Just leave me a comment so I can read your 10 things!)