Tuesday, January 1, 2008

39 Things

I just read on another blog the importance of having an "About Me" page. Since my profile is kinda vague, I thought perhaps a "100 Things" post would be a good start. Please note, this is a work in progress.

Edited: A 100 Things list would be nice, but it's harder than I thought. 39 seems like a nice start.

1. I was born in 1983.
2. I am married to Ryan, since May 2008.
3. I have two children, Darren (Feb. 2007) and Leah (March 2008).
4. I am chronically stuck in 1950.
5. Not surprisingly, I love poofy dresses that twirl.
6. And shoes that click as I walk across the floor.
7. Ryan is my high school sweetheart.
8. I made my first quilt in high school. From a distance, it looks decent.
9. I want to get a rosary tattoo around my ankle, with my grandma's initials in the center bead.
10. I love anything pink.
11. But I like my steaks red (rare).
12. I have, and use, a treadle sewing machine.
13. In addition to the treadle, I have 6 other sewing machines.
14. I drive a stick-shift.
15. I love to cook/bake.
16. If I don't make up a menu for the week, chaos ensues.
17. I think it'd be fun to try out for American Idol.
18. My favorite song to kareoke is "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy."
19. My mom and I are abnormally close.
20. We also look freakishly alike.
21. I knit, quite well.
22. I crochet, quite badly.
23. I'm Catholic.
24. I want as many kids as I can possibly pop out between now and 45.
25. But since I've already had two c-sections, I may be limited.
26. But I'm also hoping to adopt.
27. I love old-fashioned farm houses.
28. I collect old (pre-1960) cookbooks.
29. I'm a legal secretary, but I want nothing more than to be a stay at home mom.
30. My favorite book is "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn."
31. My favorite move is "Breakfast at Tiffany's."
32. I hate apartment-dwelling.
33. I want a huge garden.
34. And a clotheslines.
35. I hope to someday read the entire Bible.
36. I wish I were more religious. Sometimes I feel like a fake.
37. I like peanut butter and miracle whip sandwiches.
38. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.
39. I can cross my little toe on my right foot.