Monday, February 2, 2009

Bigger than I realized.

My mouth, that is.


Yesterday, at mass, the communion song was "Blest are They". I really like that song, and have a tendency to sing songs I like louder than usual. I didn't realize how loudly I was singing, though, until after communion.


The girl sitting in front of me was covering her ears. (In my defense, I was kneeling, as is proper after communion. She was sitting back. If she had been kneeling like she should have been, I wouldn't have been singing in her ear.)


I toned it down for the rest of the song, then asked Ryan after mass if I had been singing too loudly.


"Well....no. I mean, you always sing loud. And something about your voice carries. Even when you sing quietly, it still carries over everyone else."


Ooops.


Ryan's final ruling, however, was that the girl in front of us was a brat and she deserved it.