Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tagged again!

Twice in one month--the excitement is nearly too much for me!

Heather tagged me with a Mommy MeMe.

First: Post a picture of you and your kids.
I just did this a couple days back, so I'm not going to do it again. (And frankly, pictures of me and both kids are few and far between.)

Second: Answer the questions.

1. How many children do you have?
Two. Darren will be 2 in February and Leah is 6 mo.

3. What time of day do you start your day?
About 6:30; that's when Leah wakes up. Ryan and I both work, so during the week, he gets up at 6:00 and showers, then gets the kids ready. He brings Darren to our bed to snuggle with me while he gets Leah ready. Then, Leah snuggles with me while he gets Darren ready.

4. What do you eat for breakfast?
If I eat breakfast (which I've been trying to make myself do), it's just a cereal bar and a Diet Coke. (Breakfast of Champions, folks!)

5. Do they watch TV?
Yes, but tangentally. It's on most of the time, but they're still pretty young to actually sit down and watch a show. Leah's more interested in Darren than the TV for the most part, and Darren's really only interested in the commericals. Seriously--he can be off doing something, and if he hears the commericals start, he dashes in to watch them. As soon as the show starts again, he's off.

6. What are their favorite activities?
Darren really likes throwing all the lids out of the lid drawer and all the bowls out of the cupboard. (They're all plastic.) I spend far more of my free time picking up lids and bowls than I'd like to admit. He also really likes going for walks. He's got amazing stamina for a little kid! Leah's a little young for specific interests, but she loves it when you sing to her or make faces at her.

7. Do you get a break during the day from them?
Well, I work, so I guess this would be a yes.

8. How do you end your day?
Picking up lids and bowls.

9. What is your best parenting advice or tip?
Babies sleep better on their stomachs. Yeah, I know you're not supposed to. Reason #214 I'm a bad mom.

Third: Tag 5 people.
Jen
Kelly
Lindsey
Samantha (come on, Sam, I need an update!)
Nicole