Thursday, September 4, 2008

Tagged!

I've always been secretly jealous of Blog-Tag. I never get picked. And sure, I could just fill out the list anyway, but how lame is that?

Luckily for me, Jen tagged me! Let's get the formalities out of the way, first:

Here are the tagging rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag

Now for the fun part!

1. I can tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue. When I was 13, I bussed tables at a restaurant. One of the waitresses...how shall I put this....had a business of an adult-nature on the side. She didn't advertise, naturally, but it was pretty obvious that she was not making most of her money waitressing. (In her defense, though, she was really, really nice!) One night, it was really slow and we were all standing around by the bar talking, and she tied a cherry stem in a knot with her tongue, and also went on to explain that it was a really good way to attract men. I was 13--I had no clue what she was alluding to. But I figured that a, ahem, "woman of the night" would probably know that sort of thing. So I taught myself how to do it.

And she was right--it is a good way to attract men.

2. On my right foot, I can cross my little toe over my ring-toe. I kinda assumed that this was the sort of thing everyone can do, but apparently not.

3. I love plants. I hate that our apartment is on the north side. I do, however, have a couple of African Violets that are thriving.

4. When I eat a Reese's, I peel off (and eat) all the chocolate first, and eat the peanut butter last.

5. I went to four proms (with the same guy!) and wore four different dresses. I spent about $75 on all of them together. My junior prom, I wore this poofy-white-Cinderella number. It was originally $160, but I bought it in June for $40. My senior year, my mom made my dress, a repro of Audrey Hepburn's dress in Breakfast at Tiffany's; total cost, $10 (fabric from GoodWill, $2; pattern, $8). Ryan's junior prom, I wore I gold dress I got on sale for $25. Ryan's senior prom, I wore a pink halter dress that cost about $5 ($1/yd fabric, $1 pattern on sale).

6. I want lots of kids. Not by today's standard (which would mean, like, 4), either. I aspire to be like this woman*. That's why I'm so upset that I've already had two c-sections (because I'm thus limited in the number of children I can have). Why oh why can't I pop 'em out the normal way?
(*Even if you don't want a lot of kids, I think you'll still like her blog. She and her family are pretty darn entertaining.)

Whew. That was far harder than I thought it would be!

But drat, I have no idea who to tag.

I'm going to be lazy...if you're reading this and you have a blog, you're tagged. Just make sure to leave me a comment so I know to come read your six random things!