Wednesday, August 6, 2008

2 Demerits

...for being a bad blogger. You people who blog every day, how do you do it? Are your lives just that much more interesting than mine?

Tonight's post is going to be random stuff that I've had on my mind.

1. I haven't posted a recipe in a while, but I haven't really made anything special for a while. Tonight we had cream cheese burgers, a modified version of a recipe I read somewhere. Essentially, you make two thin hamburger patties, smear some cream cheese with chives (yes, you can buy it like this) on one, and top with the other. Pretty simple and quite tasty. I also improvised some green beans. I sauteed them in some Italian dressing and tossed them with Parmesan cheese. Different, but good.

2. I like shoes that click as I walk across the floor.

3. I like poofy dresses.

4. Pregnant women would wear maternity clothes. Period.

5. Women over say, 25, should wear a bra. Especially at the post office.

6. Flip-flops are not proper attire if you are serving mass.

7. That Nourishing Traditions book that everyone raves about....yeah. I'm glad I got it from the library. Call me lazy, but most of the stuff just looked like an awful lot of work to me. I'm more than happy to buy local, but I don't think I'm going to be fermenting kombucha any time soon.

8. This is the coolest garden idea I've ever seen. (Amber, go check it out. Recycling is involved!)

9. Before working at a law office, I thought that working with divorces day in and day out would be depressing. Totally not so. In fact, they're highly entertaining. There's nothing like seeing other people's dirty laundry to make you realize that your own marriage isn't so bad.

10. That said, there is a special place in hell reserved for men who leave their wife of 25 years for a girl who is young enough to be their daughter.