Monday, November 19, 2007

Eleanora Socks

(Not a great picture; best I could get.)
Project Details:
Pattern: Eleanora Socks by Miriam L. Felton
Yarn: Brown Sheep Wildfoote Luxury Sock
Needles: Size 00 (for facing) and O
Notes: I've said it before and I'll say it again--this designer has some work to do in the customer service department. Despite her promise to offer help at any time, emails from both myself and a friend resulted in very snotty replies.
The original pattern calls for size 0 and 1 needles. I knew that this was going to result in a sock way too large for me. I took and chance and went down in needle sizes. Fortunately, this resulted in a perfectly fitting sock.
The pattern is difficult to get the hang of initially. Once you get the pattern established, however, it's easy to follow along with. By the second sock, I was hardly referring to the chart at all.
I'm so pleased with the overall fit and feel of these socks, that I think I may make all future socks on size 0s.
More pictures and details can be found here (on ravelry).