Monday, November 19, 2007

Blue Romper

Project Details:

Pattern: Baby Romper from Woolies for Babies (old, out of print book)
Yarn: Bernat Baby Soft
Needles: Size 1 and 3
Size: 2

Notes: I was really nervous that the collar on this was going to make my boy look like a girl. Much to my relief, it does not. (Well, I don't think it does, anyway!) The stitches were a bit uneven from where I stopped and started again, but washing took care of this.

The latice pattern did take some getting used to; it was a unique stitch. I did have some problems doing the left front, but that was mainly my problem, and not the pattern's. I did make up an Excel spreadsheet to spell out exactly what I needed to do on that side (the pattern simply said, "reverse directions").

Nothing too special to note about this pattern; I pretty much followed the directions. That's one of the things I love about the older patterns--they seem to be much more accurate. I tend to have to do less tinkering with them.

If you're on ravelry, you can see more pictures and detail here.