Tuesday, October 28, 2008


I didn't really think this was something "Kitchen Tip" worthy, but after reading a similar suggestion in a magazine (and being angry that they were acting like it was something new), I decided I'd share it.

I store my trash bags in the bottom of the trashcan. I take the roll of bags out of the box and put it in the bottom of the can, then line the can as usual. When I take out a full bag, a new one is easily found. I don't know where you normally store your bags, but for me, it wasn't anywhere near the actual trash can. This is so much easier.

And since I'm on a trashbag kick, I'll share one more tip. If you're like me (cheap), you line your bathroom trashcan with plastic grocery sacks. (Because even though I try to remember the reusable totes, I still somtimes forget.) I never had a good way of storing the bags; they always floated around under the bathroom sink. I found this suggestion in Real Simple magazine: stuff the pastic sacks in an empty Kleenex box. It is so slick and works so well that I'm disgusted that I didn't think of it on my own.