Wednesday, July 23, 2008

More proof....

....that I'm not that kind of blogger. Or cleaner, apparently. Allow me to show you my Black Hole of Doom and Despair (otherwise known as my storage closet):




First, can I tell you that the rest of my apartment looks MUCH better?

This Pit of Despair is my task for the next week or so. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all that stuff, but there's got to be a better organizational system than what I've got going on (because let's be honest, I've got no system). Any suggestions from the peanut gallery? Reassurances that I'm not the only "closet slob"?

I can tell you right now that 98% of those DVDs and 100% of the guitar books are going in our storage room down stairs [each apartment has a storage closet for seasonal items and such]. Ryan insisted that he needed all of that crap here. Want to guess how many times he's played his guitar? Not once. If he wants the books, he can go downstairs and get them. Good grief.)

I could probably part with those two sewing machines, too. Not permanently, of course, but they could go to my parents for now. A treadle and two electric machines are probably sufficient.

I have no idea what to do with that stupid lamp. Another thing Ryan insisted we bring. You can see how much we use it.

Stay tuned for updates.

(I feel the sudden need to post pictures of the rest of the apartment, just to prove to you that it's not all that horrible.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

On to less embarrassing things....

Supper tonight was exceedingly simple, but good. The recipe is officially called Easy, Creamy Hamburger Stroganoff. I'd probably call it Homemade Hamburger Helper. I didn't really follow the recipe at all; I just used it as a jumping off point. I did not use canned soup, I used Cream Soup Replacement (and if you haven't tried that yet, you need to; you'll never go back to canned soup). I also popped some tomato slices (grown in Nebraska!) on a cookie sheet, topped them with basil, oregano, and cheese, and put them under the broiler for 10 minutes or so. Easy, but good.

I'm super excited because my mother-in-law gave us some vegetables from her garden. I now have a couple zucchini, cucumbers, and a sack of green beens. I also have some asparagus left from Monday night's quiche (I'll post that recipe some other time; I don't have it near me right now, but it was really good). I'm may be mixing up the menu tomorrow night; it'd be just plain wrong to have all these veggies and not use them. (I'm thinking we're definitely going to be frying up zucchini.)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Last night, I added a "36 Things About Me" list. I linked it over on the right. It was supposed to be 100 things, but apparently I'm just not that interesting.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

And finally, tonight I bought yet another Bible. I'm embarrassed to tell you how many I own. (I don't think they're quite as numerous as my sewing machines.) Every time I buy one, I'm sure that THIS is the one. This is the one that's going to make reading the Bible easy, I'm going to breeze through it, absorb God's word, and become a better human being.

The fact that I bought another one should tell you how well the others have been working for me.

But this one, THIS one is different. I'm sure of it. I know that as a good Catholic I should be reading a Catholic bible (it has additional books that Protestant bibles do not have), but I'm going to start with this. It seems to be easy to read, it's broken up into daily readings so you can read through it in a year (theoretically), and it has built-in, mom-related devotions.

Yup, I'm sure of it. This is the one.