Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Happiness is....

peppers on sale at HyVee and stocking up.....
drinking wine while chopping peppers never hurt anyone....


Happiness is....

watching Project Runway while you chop said peppers
and drink said wine....

Happiness is NOT....


a pile of dirty dishes, because you were too lazy to empty the
dishwasher this morning, and had to pile dirty supper dishes in the sink
(and yet more proof that I'm not THAT kind of blogger)....


Happiness is.....

a clean kitchen. Yes, "clean" is subjective. Even by my standards,
this isn't clean-clean, but at 9:30 at night, it's close enough.



But enough of the hokey 70s flashback (I'm thinking of those "Love Is" comics, that they actually still run in the Omaha World Herald).

Supper tonight was "Brown Sugar Chicken". It was....eh. I didn't ask Ryan is opinion, but I'm assuming it's probably the same as mine. It wasn't bad, but I know I'm not going to make it again. And I'm certainly not going to link it here; it's definitely not good enough to pass along.

With the mediocre chicken, we had Cheesy Green Beans. It was a recipe from Kraft, but there wasn't much to it. Cook some green beans and red peppers, toss with melted Cheez Whiz. I suspect the highly processed Cheez Whiz negated any bonus points I earned by using local green beans (from my MIL's garden!), but come on, cheese makes anything better.

Last night we had Cozy Quinoa Casserole. Ryan really liked it; I was okay with it. I was mainly happy that I was able to sneak some squash into Ryan's diet. (He has issues with the word "squash". He's refused to eat squash because of the sound of the word.) We both agreed, though, that this was a dish that grows on you. The first bit is just "eh". The more you eat, though, the better it gets. Much like beer, it's an acquired taste. I would recommend giving it a try, though. I give 3.75 out of 5 stars.

And just because it's a funny picture, I leave you with this:

Yup, his lips (and teeth) are green. We were at the ballpark waiting to see Ryan play. Darren and I shared Razzamatazzle FunDip. I think you can see who got most of it. I had to kiss him like that because was being bucky and didn't want to look at the camera. Brat.

(Oh, and the best part? Ryan didn't play that game. It was the second game of a double header and they kinda forgot about him. I guess they stuck him in the outfield in the last inning, but I missed it. I was too busy trying to keep Darren from putting other people's trash in his mouth. If nothing else, I think he has an exciting career in sanitation ahead of him.)