Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Kitchen Tip Tuesday

Yup, I prepared for this, too. How I've longed to participate in Kitchen Tip Tuesday, but never felt I had anything to contribute. Until I was making pumpkin pie last week....

When I make pumpkin pie, I use the blender. I don't know about the rest of you, but I used to deplore cleaning the blender. Trying to get down under the blades--uck. Then one day, it dawned on me: let the blender clean itself!

(Sorry the picture is fuzzy. I'd just brought the camera in from the car.)

Fill the blender with water and a smidgeon of dish soap. Pop the lid back on, turn the blender on for a few seconds, and let it do its thing. Dump out the soapy water and rinse. Voila! A clean blender, with no fuss.

Now if only I had a "no fuss" solution for that flour covered table...